August 18, 2014

G124: Angels 4, Red Sox 2

Angels  - 002 000 020 - 4  7  0
Red Sox - 000 100 001 - 2  9  2
Example
C.J. Wilson / Brandon Workman
Holt, RF
Pedroia, 2B
Ortiz, DH
Cespedes, LF
Napoli, 1B
Middlebrooks, 3B
Bogaerts, SS
Betts, CF
Vazquez, C
Alex Speier, WEEI: Are The Red Sox Too Dependent On David Ortiz?

Ortiz, from this spring:
I'm 38 years old and I'm still the center of attention in the lineup. It shouldn't be like that. It shouldn't be like that. We should have a couple of studs in their 20s doing more than what I do. ... Guys my age are supposed to be complementary players. Nobody signs guys my age to be 'The Man.' If you look at every team, 'The Man' are guys in their prime.
Ortiz leads all MLB hitters with 91 RBI. ... He leads the Red Sox in slugging, but Mike Napoli has a slightly higher OPS (.845 to .841).

No comments: