September 26, 2004

I'm Yelling At The TV Because It's Yelling At Me. I took Friday's night loss hard -- too hard for what was in reality not the final game of the season, but merely Game #153.

But Friday's loss and how it happened added yet another layer to the "Sox can't beat NY" shit that flows out of both cities. And I'm beyond sick of that. It's slowly driving me insane. I'm starting to think Michael Kay says stupid things just to piss me off (well, he also does it because he's a moron). The title of this post was what I said last night when Laura told me to stop bitching back at the YES broadcast.

I was home in time to watch the 7-run outburst and it helped ease my anger and doubt (not completely though). Johnny's stolen base (sorry Derek!), the three doubles (from Manny, Varitek (!) and Mirabelli), Mueller's single, even Cabrera's sac fly that pushed Matsui's back to the scoreboard -- all cathartic in their way.

So: The wild card is all but clinched, which means the Boston Red Sox will be playing baseball on Tuesday, October 5, 2004. And that is the most important thing.

Schilling/3-Finger Brown at 2:05 pm.

No comments: